Saturday, July 20, 2013

A Bit of This & A Bit of That

These days, I’m always running here, there and sometimes, everywhere, to get things sorted out. It’s all in a day’s work, I used to call it. And by 5 pm, I would be longing to go home, and see what my two little ones are up to. Nothing beats seeing them anticipating my return, competing for my hugs and kisses. Next thing I know, I will be checking on my son’s school works, screaming on top of my lungs to tell them to behave, doing house chores, settling for evening meals, and quite often, a little dance or two on our new toy, the Xbox. It’s like that, life’s like that.. 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week. It gets monotonous, it gets routine, it gets dull yet, it builds who we are, the bonds in between, relationships, and many more. I guess, that’s what counts. In the end of the day, what these life experiences makes you, and the people you care for and how you are able to find the significance in between, cause its all in His plan.


Someone used to tell me, how he wished there was more that 24 hrs in a day. It sounded strange when I first heard it, but now, probably as I approached the same life phase, I started thinking the same way. How nice would it be to have say… 38 hrs a day? Imagine the things I can do or accomplish in those extra hours. Funny, cause even with just 24 hrs a day, I’d be like hanging on to my last bit of energy before I call it a night! Yup, age is indeed catching up whether I like it or not :) And that’s life, where like the four seasons, each summer will have to give way to autumn, only to be replace by cold winter and the lovely spring.


If there’s one thing that I’ve done, and is really difficult to do, where the challenge is unpredictable and the sense of accomplishment is tremendous, has to be parenthood. Nothing touches my life so deeply. And it’s not just any assignment where you could complete in a time frame, it’s more like a journey where there’s no end. It comes in uncountable phases with different sets of challenges. Parenthood is life itself; it gives a whole new meaning to what fulfillment is. And the joy of seeing your off springs…words can’t even describe it. The excitement, the sadness, the fears, the happiness, frustration.. and it’s like a melting pot of all these emotions combined. Nothing is as great, and that is why, parenthood is crazy but it’s the greatest blessing of all.


Interestingly, when people ask me questions like, how have you been? Are you happy? Are you living right? I’d be like so overwhelmed with many stories to tell, I wouldn’t even know where to start or rather how to begin? I guess, there are times, when I wish I didn’t crawl out from the wrong side of the bed, but it would be silly to crawl back in, just to wake up at the right side of the bed, cause that would be a waste of time, and time just won’t repeat itself, like opportunities, where you may get plenty but seldom the same. But if there’s one thing that we have which is of abundance, would be choices. We are given lots, in every single thing that we do. And to help us settle for the right ones, we used our wisdom, what we have learned from life experiences, books, people, the tangible and intangible, hoping choices we make would be the best there is. And even if regrets comes much later, we can justify that much thoughts have been put into the process and like all any other processes, success is not guaranteed. Nothing is and nothing can be. Along the way, however, we always forget who we are, and the fact that we are just humans. We forget about the great master. About the two invisible hands up there, the Creator, our Father. The Reason why we are here. Feel him, trust him, and seek for him. Other things remain pointless, really. Therefore at times, things may go really wrong, rest assured.. this could be apart of His plan, and if we continue to believe, we may even see how even the wrongs, no matter how bad they are, has great lessons in store.


So when I look into my life right now, this instant, I can proudly say, yes dear, I’ve been well and never better. My cup is always half full, but if it gets too full, that would probably be too much for me to handle. The emptiness is what that keeps me humble and the half full is what that keeps me going. Nothing more yet nothing less. :)

No comments: